This is an on-site position.
Salary Range: $125,000 –$188,000 (commensurate with education and experience)
Job Posting Closes March 10, 2023
General Counsel for the Saint Paul Authority serves as the chief legal officer and plays a strategic role on the organization’s management team. In addition, the general counsel works closely with all departments to manage legal obligations and protect the interests of both the Saint Paul Port Authority and Capital City Properties.
- Legal Services Leadership. Play an active role on the leadership team to ensure the organization is legally protected and participate in the implementation of the organization’s strategic plan.
- Oversee execution of all legal documents. Draft and negotiation all legal documents including purchase agreements, leases, licenses, construction contracts, professional services agreements, and loan documents. Ensure legal and regulatory compliance in all legal documents. Oversee relationships with outside counsel and facilitate preparation of legal documents related to public finance transactions, real estate transactions, and environmental matters.
- Board of Commissioners Governance & Oversight. Ensure proper governance of Board of Commissions and committees of the Board. Ensure compliance with Minnesota Open Meeting law. Oversee preparation of all Board resolutions
- Insurance and Risk Management. Promote best risk management practices for the entire organization. Oversee annual insurance renewal and insurance claims.
- Serve as the Data Practices Compliance Official. Respond to all data practices requests. Develop and implement protocols to ensure compliance with Minnesota Government Data Practices Act.
- J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school with seven or more (7+) years of job-related experience
- Some degree of experience in the following areas: public finance, real estate, environmental matters, and managing outside counsel relationships
THE PORT AUTHORITY
First established in 1929 by the Minnesota Legislature to manage the Saint Paul Harbor, the Port Authority was granted inland economic development authority in 1955. With its four ports in the Saint Paul Harbor and 16 inland business centers, the Port Authority’s mission is to expand the Saint Paul tax base, serve as a conduit to quality job opportunities, advance sustainable and equitable development, and advocate for river commerce.
WORKING AT THE PORT AUTHORITY
At the Saint Paul Port Authority, we are a small but mighty team. If you’re interested in wearing multiple hats and working for a fast-paced, results-driven organization, this is the place for you. You will be joined by colleagues who are committed to being collaborative, innovative, and risk-taking, while always working with integrity.
The Saint Paul Port Authority offers a best-in-class benefits package focused on supporting the health and wellness of our employees. We believe in work-life balance with an environment that offers flexibility. This includes generous health and retirement plans and paid time off. Parking in downtown Saint Paul is provided. The Saint Paul Port Authority is committed to building a diverse team that reflects our community. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer