This is an on-site position.
Salary Range: $58,000 –$87,000*
*Salary commensurate with education and experience
Benefits include Medical/Dental/Retirement/PTO
The Port Authority
First established in 1929 by the Minnesota Legislature to manage the Saint Paul Harbor, the Port Authority was granted inland economic development authority in 1955. With its four ports in the Saint Paul Harbor, and 17 inland business centers, the Port Authority’s mission is to expand the Saint Paul tax base, serve as a conduit to quality job opportunities, advance sustainable and equitable development, and advocate for river commerce.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Port Authority’s Development Team, reporting to the Director of Development. In this role, you will assist directors and project managers through site acquisition, due diligence, grant writing and reporting, site development, property management, and project permitting.
THE IDEAL FIT
You will stand out as a candidate and be successful in this role by demonstrating that you are a self-starter and natural problem solver with a high level of technical and social intelligence. You must be organized, accountable and adaptive, with the ability to execute efficient project coordination. The ideal candidate will be versatile and capable of applying your unique skills to contribute to a variety of Port projects. We welcome individuals with diverse backgrounds and expertise that possess a strong desire to carry out the Port Authority’s mission and work collaboratively with diverse project teams and external partners.
- Harbor and Riverfront Projects. You will be on the forefront of exciting capital improvement projects, navigating permitting processes, facilitating public bidding, and handling contract procurement for harbor and riverfront initiatives.
- Real Estate Support Services. You will contribute to the success of real estate projects by gathering and analyzing data, handling title research, and supporting lease negotiations.
- Grant Coordination. The Saint Paul Port Authority relies on grant revenue to move economic development projects forward and you will play a key role by contributing to grant writing, ensuring the Port Authority is following all grant requirements, and coordinating grant reporting.
- Business Center Management. You will support the success of Saint Paul businesses by coordinating common area maintenance at Saint Paul Port Authority business centers. This includes regular site visits, oversight of property maintenance budgets, and ensuring an inviting environment at each location.
- Development Team Support. You will play a vital role in key development projects through budget tracking and contract fulfillment.
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate, construction management, engineering, business, port and terminal management, environmental services, sustainability, public administration, urban planning, or related fields
- 3 years of experience coordinating multiple projects and/or property transactions
Please note: We will consider candidates with a comparable combination of experience and education.
WORKING AT THE PORT AUTHORITY
At the Saint Paul Port Authority, we are a small but mighty team. If you’re interested in wearing multiple hats and working for a fast-paced, results-driven organization, this is the place for you. You will be joined by colleagues who are committed to being collaborative, innovative, and risk-taking, while always working with integrity.
The Saint Paul Port Authority offers a best-in-class benefits package focused on supporting the health and wellness of our employees. We believe in work-life balance with an environment that offers flexibility. This includes generous health and retirement plans and paid time off. Parking in downtown Saint Paul is provided.
The Saint Paul Port Authority is committed to building a diverse team that reflects our community. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applications accepted through February 20, 2024.