This is an on-site position.
Pay Range: $23-$34/hour*
*Salary commensurate with education and experience
Benefits include Medical/Dental/Retirement/PTO
THE PORT AUTHORITY
First established in 1929 by the Minnesota Legislature to manage the Saint Paul Harbor, the Saint Paul Port Authority (SPPA) was granted inland economic development authority in 1955. With four river ports and 17 inland business centers, our mission is to expand the tax base, serve as a conduit to quality job opportunities, advance sustainable and equitable development, and advocate for river commerce.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Port Authority’s finance team, reporting to the Controller. In this position you will play an integral role in supporting the organization’s daily business operations by facilitating the timely and accurate completion of accounting transactions.
THE IDEAL FIT
You will be successful in this role by demonstrating that you are a self-starter with a strong work ethic. You are detail oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills who will follow up through final resolution. You are committed to our workplace principles of respect, collaboration, and ingenuity.
- Accounts receivable including invoice preparation, cash receipts, and aging reports and analysis
- Loan servicing including recording issuance of loans, invoicing, and application of payments
- Accounts payable including processing of vendor invoices, monthly check runs, and 1099 preparation
- Cash management including monitoring of cash receipts and disbursements, and monthly bank transfers to ensure adequate cash flow
- Review, reconcile, and analyze general ledger accounts, and prepare necessary general journal entries
- Assist with various monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
- Associate degree in accounting
- Three (3) years of job-related experience
Please note: We will consider candidates with a comparable combination of experience and education.
WORKING AT THE PORT AUTHORITY
At the Saint Paul Port Authority, we are a small but mighty team. If you’re interested in wearing multiple hats and working for a fast-paced, results-driven organization, this is the place for you. You will be joined by colleagues who are committed to being collaborative, innovative, and risk-taking, while always working with integrity.
The Saint Paul Port Authority offers a best-in-class benefits package focused on supporting the health and wellness of our employees. We believe in work-life balance with an environment that offers flexibility. This includes generous health and retirement plans and paid time off. Parking in downtown Saint Paul is provided.
The Saint Paul Port Authority is committed to building a diverse team that reflects our community. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.