This is an on-site position | Salary Range: $93,000 –$116,000* Benefits include medical, dental, retirement, and paid-time off
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Port Authority’s finance team, reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO). In this role you will develop, grow, and sustain Port Authority lending programs; solicit potential projects and conduct financial analysis needed to facilitate credit extension decisions; and develop relationships with institutional investors to generate funding for project loans.
THE IDEAL FIT
You will be successful in this role by demonstrating that you’re a self-starter with a high level of social and emotional intelligence. A problem-solver who leads by example. A leader who can establish and enforce expectations and responsibilities. And someone who understands lending and public finance and can build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with management team to develop lending program growth strategy; develop and execute strategic lending initiatives; implement processes to generate higher productivity and revenues; and work with State/Federal agencies to obtain funding for strategic initiatives
- Manage the representation of lending strategies and programs to a range of audiences; cultivate relationships with investors; communicate with current and potential customers to promote lending programs; and collaborate with community partners to develop project pipelines
- Underwrite loan applications, conduct complex financial analysis, and negotiate terms with borrowers; present credit recommendations to internal and Board credit committees; review final loan documents and monitor loan activity to ensure timely payments and enforce covenants; and ensure program compliance with regulatory agencies and funders
- Monitor trend analysis on portfolio performance; oversee required agency/funder reporting; provide periodic loan program progress reports to stakeholders; make recommendations for improved underwriting and loan policies and practices,
- Manage Port Authority debt portfolio including coordination of project teams for the issuance of new debt and/or restructuring of existing debt
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, or related fields
- Seven or more (7+) years of job related experience
- Please note: We will consider candidates with a comparable combination of experience and education.
WORKING AT THE PORT AUTHORITY
At the Saint Paul Port Authority, we are a small but mighty team. If you’re interested in wearing multiple hats and working for a fast-paced, results-driven organization, this is the place for you. You will be joined by colleagues who are committed to being collaborative, innovative, and risk-taking, while always working with integrity. The Saint Paul Port Authority offers a best-in-class benefits package focused on supporting the health and wellness of our employees. We believe in work-life balance with an environment that offers flexibility. This includes generous health and retirement plans and paid time off. Parking in downtown Saint Paul is provided. The Saint Paul Port Authority is committed to building a diverse team that reflects our community. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
THE PORT AUTHORITY
First established in 1929 by the Minnesota Legislature to manage the Saint Paul Harbor, the Port Authority was granted inland economic development authority in 1955. With its four ports in the Saint Paul Harbor and 16 inland business centers, the Port Authority’s mission is to expand the Saint Paul tax base, serve as a conduit to quality job opportunities, advance sustainable and equitable development, and advocate for river commerce.
*Salary commensurate with education and experience